The JPMA Show: Best in Baby - All-Star Lineup of Panelists + Expanded Show Schedule with Focus on Innovation
Submitted on Thu, 02/27/2020 - 12:27pm
All-new show format features programming focused on innovation, trends and top products for babies and children at The JPMA Show: Best in Baby, April 1-2, 2020
DALLAS, TX — The Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) today announced an expert list of panelists to open the prestigious JPMA Innovation Awards announcement, all of which will kick off the much anticipated JPMA Show: Best in Baby, April 1-2, 2020, in Dallas, TX.
“Media Momentum: How the Press Can Make or Break a Brand,” a discussion led by national journalists, will offer insights on branded content, reaching millennial moms, and how brands can successfully work with media and influencers. Speakers include:
- Lexie Sachs, Textiles Director, Good Housekeeping Institute
- Maggie Borum, Digital Marketing Manager, Motherly
- Shelley Gingrich, Branded Content, Everyday Health (BabyCenter and What to Expect)
- April Hussar, Managing Editor, Romper
The second panel, “Pop Culture When You’re About to Pop,” features influencers and tastemakers discussing how fashion, beauty and parenting trends translate into what ends up on the shelves, and how brands can capitalize on this movement. Speakers include:
- Karolina Kurkova, Model and Co-Founder, Gryph & IvyRose
- Andrea Lavinthal, Style & Beauty Director at PEOPLE Magazine and parenting influencer
- Jenn Falik, Style & Beauty Expert and contributor to national television shows such as The Today Show, The View, The Rachael Ray Show and Tyra Banks
- Hitha Palepu, Investor, Entrepreneur, Author and Activist
Following the panels, the JPMA Innovation Awards will honor the year’s most innovative baby products, including high-tech and interactive toys, game-changing apps and life-saving safety gear. A sampling of new categories being added this year include the trend-focused “Best Products Under $25,” award and the “Tried and True” award which recognizes trusted products that have been on the market for five or more years.
Reimagined to be the show of the future, the 2020 JPMA Show will be highly curated and focused on showcasing only the "Best in Baby." Bringing together retailers, experts, media and influencers, the show will enable the industry’s top brands and hottest start-ups to share, educate and preview new product launches and trends, updated designs, and what's to come in the North American market.
Several prototypes and new products are slated to officially launch at the show, along with sneak peeks of what’s coming soon in 2020 and beyond. Don’t miss the first look at the year’s most innovative products for baby.
Other exciting on-site activities at the show include:
- JPMA CONNECT: 1:1 appointments between brands, retailers and media
JPMA will facilitate 20-minute meetings between brands, media and retailers directly on the show floor. Appointments will be Wednesday, April 1, from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m., and Thursday, April 2, from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. JPMA CONNECT is open to both exhibitors and non-exhibitors and are subject to availability. Brands can register for appointments until March 15 by contacting Clare MacNab at firstname.lastname@example.org with appointment preferences.
- Parenting Trend Talks™: The Big Baby Registry Rethink by BabyCenter and What to Expect
BabyCenter and What to Expect deliver the insights you need to make the next generation of parents fall in love with – and stay devoted to — your brand. As the global leader in pregnancy and parenting, 5 million moms-to-be will start their journey with us this year. That’s over 400,000 pregnant women a month making decisions about products and services they’ve never considered before – including the often daunting task of building a baby registry. Join us for a deep dive into how changing consumer tastes, digital disruption, and marketplace consolidation impact the baby registry experience. Stick around for a panel discussion among moms to understand the “why” behind the trends.
- Heatstroke prevention campaign announcement and car seat check event
Join JPMA and Safe Kids Worldwide for a joint announcement on an important life-saving campaign that will launch at The JPMA Show. The announcement will be followed by a car seat check event outside of the convention center, open to Dallas families.
2020 JPMA Show Schedule Highlights
Wednesday, April 1
- 8:00 a.m. Breakfast, panel discussions and Innovation Awards announcement
- 8:00 a.m. Panel: “Media Momentum: How the Press Can Make or Break a Brand”
- 8:30 a.m. Panel: “Pop Culture When You’re About to Pop”
- 9:00 a.m. Innovation Awards announcement
- 10:00 a.m. Show floor opens for media and trade attendees
- 12:00 p.m. Parenting Trend Talks™: Presented by BabyCenter and What To Expect
- 1:00 p.m. New Product Intro: Lumi by Pampers
- 1:15 p.m. New Product Intro: Moov Baby
- 1:30 p.m. Guided Show Floor Tour for Mom Panelists
- 5:00 p.m. Show floor closes
- 5:30 p.m. JPMA Annual Meeting and member/media reception
- 6:30 p.m. JPMA Industry Party with a Purpose
Thursday, April 2
- 10:00 a.m. Show floor opens for media and trade attendees
- 11:00 a.m. Heatstroke prevention campaign announcement
- 12:00 p.m. Car seat check event and safety education fair open to the public (not on show floor)
- 4:00 p.m. Show closes
For more information on registering, show accommodations and the full schedule of events, https://jpmashow.org. Follow JPMA on Twitter @JPMA and connect with us on Facebook access safety tips and more information on JPMA initiatives.
The Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) is the voice of the industry on quality and safety for baby and children's products in North America. We do this by:
- Advocating for safety through product certification programs and legislative and regulatory involvement;
- Supporting a broad and diverse membership through member-only programming and industry promotion;
- And by acting as a comprehensive source for baby product information and education.
JPMA members represent 95 percent of the prenatal to preschool products sold in North America.